Wednesday 16 September 2015

Depression; what I do.

This is what I do when I am depressed:


1. Read my Bible and talk to God.

     If I find myself too far in darkness I take a chapter in the new Testament and write down word for

     word.  Before long I am exposing my ‘foxes’ to God.

 
2. I make a conscious decision to keep following Jesus, no matter how unworthy I feel and am.  If I have ‘leprosy’ then He is the one to follow.  I will not, not turn my back on Him because that is the only hope there is. He will never ever turn His back on anyone who seeks Him.

 
3. I open all the curtains and let light in.

 
4. (a) I go for a long walk in nature; in my case the beach.

    (b) I recite the Lord’s Prayer all the way there up to where my breath is walked up.

 
5. I play with the dog. It is impossible not to have a laugh with this activity.

 
6. Last; I reach out to someone and focus on something outside of me where I 

     can be of some use. Preferably a deed I can do anonymously.

 

All glory to God, who loved me so much that He gave His only Son to die for me, so that I can live forever with him.  Jesus is the way the truth and the life. If this is the only truth there is then that is enough for me. When I am weak, then He is strong.

Other actions during depression:

*I take my little book in which I had collected lots of praise verses from the Bible, and I walk up and down through the house reading these praises out aloud. This is also part of my prayer to God into a situation where I need God to go while I praise Him.

*Another winner: Music! Praise and worship music! Play it and sing it.


AND THEN when the last straw comes and trips you up and the entire house of cards comes tumbling down on you, and you wonder how you could possibly be a Christian then remember Luke 15:11-32 and Luke 15:1-7 and ROMANS 8:35-39!  1 John 1:9 

 
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9).

“The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness” (Lamentations 3:22-33).



(Don’t be surprised if something great is happening in the spiritual realm because of something God is doing with your willingness to be a vessel for Him.)
 

 

 
 





 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment about this post, however please note, all posts are moderated and abusive posts will be removed.