Monday 24 January 2011

Bible Study (September 2010)


What every Christian should know. Life Study outlines: http://glendakempharper.blogspot.com/2011/03/come-and-join-me_13.html


Our minister Hugh Jenkins has just finished doing a course with us called LONGING FOR GOD.  Seven Paths of Christian Devotion.

Answering a question on John 1 just brought to the foreground how Gods word brings forth different treasures out of the same chapters. I had just completed up to John 14 before this course started. After answering the question I went to see what my thoughts were on the same verses before.

Read with me question number 6 of week 7 of the course. The blue writing is my thought towards God.

(6) John 1: 1-14: The Word that reveals, the light that shines
Receive God’s word for you today, in the knowledge that Jesus is the “Word” that “became flesh” (v.14). Be open to revelation that applies to your life (so that the light goes “on”)


John 1: 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Now that settles it. Jesus and God is one.
He was in the beginning with God.
And yet He is Jesus. That part of God that was torn away to come to us.
All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
Jesus
4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
Jesus, this is the light we will have in heaven and we won’t need the sun. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
I see this so often, Lord, people don’t understand Your Light. It is so scary to have darkness in me. I don’t want no darkness in me. Shine, Jesus, shine. Glow Spirit Glow. Let there be light.
6 There was a man sent from God,
You still send us to bear witness of what You tell us in our quiet time and what You do to us and for us in our ‘loud’ time.
whose name was John. This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the light, that all through him might believe.
Jesus, here I am, as messed up as I am. There was a woman sent from God, whose name was Glenda. This woman came for a witness, to bear witness of the light that through her many might believe. (John died for telling the truth. Let Your will be done; just be so close to me Jesus that we are inside each other; that I am one with You and Father. You say so in Your word. I cant say things to pamper people. Turn and sin no more!
8 He was not that light.
But he reflected it on to others.
But was sent to bear witness of that light.
Lord light up your word. Light up the truth that it can enter me and reflect on to others. If you can use me as my personality is (and you do) Then so be it. Shine, Jesus, shine.
I am your most inadequate servant but I live for You alone.
9 That was the true light which gives light to every man coming into the world.
I pray now for Nikita’s little baby that was born yesterday; it came in to the world. Give her Your light. Shine Jesus, shine. Light up the way for this baby – all the way to heaven. Also Natalie (Hermie’s grandchild). Her baby is still in the womb. Protect this child from all evil. Light her path for her, all the way to heaven. Fall on all those around her too. Make her a witness.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.
The worst tragedy to ever happen. Worse than a Tsunami or an earthquake or any and all tragedies put together.
11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him
I am so sorry, Jesus. You faced so much rejection and pain. Thank You for understanding me.
12 But
Oh these wonderful Jesus ‘buts’
As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God
Yes! Yes! Yes! Shout it from the roof tops. Write it in the sky! Push it on every front page newspaper and magazine. Hear, hear, hear. O hear, all you people hear the good news.
To those who believe in His name, 13 who were born not of blood, nor of the will of flesh, not of the will of man, but of God.
Amen! See John 3: 3 Born again.
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.
See 1 Corinthians 15: 45 “The last Adam became a life-giving Spirit  Read all of 1 Corinthians 15: 35-58 (Also see Revelation 1: 18)
And we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
This is You Jesus, full of grace and truth. I also see you as You appear in Revelation 1:16 “His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength.” Which Jesus will fetch me? I can’t wait to see. O I love You!!
It is amazing how every chapter of this Book fits in together like a hand in a glove.

I then sang along to The CD Shine Jesus Shine.

SHINE  JESUS  SHINE

Lord the light of Your love is shining
In the midst of the darkness shining
Jesus Light of the world shine upon us
Set us free by the truth You now bring us
Shine on me shine on me

Shine Jesus shine
Fill this land with the Father’s glory
Blaze Spirit blaze
Set our hearts on fire
Flow river flow
Flood the nations with grace and mercy
Send forth Your word
Lord and let there be light

Lord I come to Your awesome presence
From the shadows into Your radiance
By the blood I may enter your brightness
Search me try me consume all my darkness
Shine on me shine on me

As we gaze on Your kingly brightness
So our faces display Your likeness
Ever changing from glory to glory
Mirrored here may our lives tell Your story
Shine on me shine on me

(The Best WORSHIP songs … ever!
CD 1 Track 12
Graham Kendrick
Copyright

At another sitting in John 1, I read from verse 1-5 and my comment was:
Jesus, I am just reading this slowly. It is very powerful and there is no need for me to talk.
Then when I got to John 1: 6, I had lots to say.
: 6 There was a man sent from God, who’s name was John.
He was not rich. He did not have the best horse and chariot, he did not live in a palace. His true home was heaven where he was storing his riches. In the end he was not even protected from physical death. He lived and died for Jesus. He did not preach wealth and prosperity; nor did any of Jesus’ disciple, including Paul.   To be rich is to follow Jesus. The first prayer for abundant life must be to have a good relationship with You and with others.
:7 This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the light, that all through him might believe.
Then would I also be prepared to be beheaded? Jesus, my future is in Your hands. You wont give me things I can’t carry. The future is Your job, not mine.




1987 Make Way
Music.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment about this post, however please note, all posts are moderated and abusive posts will be removed.