Friday 23 May 2014

I WANT TO SHARE WITH SOMEBODY... my quiet time with Jesus this morning.

I WANT TO SHARE WITH SOMEBODY… my quiet time with Jesus this morning.
(The black writing is from the Bible. The blue writing is me talking to Jesus.)
JOHN 8
A Woman Caught in Adultery
1 Jesus returned to the Mount of Olives, 2but early the next morning He was back again at the Temple. A crowd soon gathered, and He sat down and taught them.
I know what time it is, Jesus; I know where You are; I know what you are doing. The scene is set for the next event.
3As He was speaking, the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in the act of adultery. They put her in front of the crowd.
I wonder what her story is? An abusive husband? Did this lover thing happen over a period of time before she gave in to him? Was it a man who showed kindness to her? Was it maybe her husband’s family? His Brother? Was it someone from the market place? Who was he? How was she caught? Was she raped by this man and set up? Only Jesus knows.
4”Teacher”, they said to Jesus, “this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5The law of Moses says to stone her. What do you say?”
You say “Your sins are forgiven, go and sin no more.” Lord, I am still caught in ‘adultery’. When I give more time to my computer, or when my thoughts grieve Holy Spirit, or when I don’t speak up when I should and when I speak when I should be silent. When I am unloving to my husband, or when … Jesus, forgive me. The ‘stones’ meant for me were already thrown at You on the cross. Thank You.
We are so quick to stone someone. You said in Matthew 18:22 for us to forgive seventy times seven.
5They were trying to trap Him into saying something they could use against Him,
Yes, it is Jesus and Christianity that is attacked when a Christian falls.
but Jesus stooped down and wrote in the dust with His finger.
How strange, Jesus, that you do not answer but write in the sand with Your finger. “It is written!” ? The pause before the answer? The pause and writing is the answer?
Like Satan quoted the Bible to you in the desert, Jesus, so they are quoting Moses’ law to You. Moses the man of God.
Jesus, you could be writing in the sand “Man shall not live on bread alone but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God” Matthew 4:4. Jesus, you are the word of God who came to put the new covenant in to the law of Moses. The law of God is to love the Lord our God and our neighbour; to forgive 70x7; to turn the other cheek; to repay evil with good; to leave the judgement to God; to bless those who curse you, to …
7They kept demanding an answer
It is a long pause here with you stooping down and writing in the sand.
so He stood up again and said, “All right (You agree with them, a sin is a sin BUT) but let the one who had never sinned throw the first stone!”
This answer makes me cry! It hits me as a sinner and it hits me as an accuser. Jesus, thank you so much.
8Then He stooped down again and wrote in the dust.
Oh the heart of God! It is written! The new covenant in Jesus’ blood! Know Jesus and you know God. “If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know Him and have seen Him” John 14:7. Father God, thank you for your goodness, your love and your faithfulness. I can live because my redeemer lives.
9When the accusers heard this, they slipped away one by one, beginning with the oldest, ( I am here.) until only Jesus was left in the middle of the crowd with the woman.
Alone: Jesus and the sinner. What do I say to You?
“Against You, You only, have I sinned and done what is evil in Your sight; so you are right in your verdict and justified when you judge” Psalm 51:4.
10Then Jesus stood up again and said to the woman, “Where are your accusers? Didn’t even one of them condemn you?”
11”No Lord,” she said.
And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and sin no more.”
Because of You, Jesus, I am now also a child of God. How do I thank You? I have nothing except what You give me. I can’t even give back to You what you give to me, if You don’t enable me. In You I have everything I need.
Thank You Father God, thank You Jesus, thank You Holy Spirit.
 



This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment about this post, however please note, all posts are moderated and abusive posts will be removed.