Monday 12 January 2015

"Is that Easter?"


“Is that Easter?” I was surprised by the young man’s question as my dog named Easter jumped into the car after our beach walk. There was something in the young man that lit up, and it was more than his smile.  Anyone who knows my dog’s name is Easter would also have been told the Easter story of salvation.  Unbeknown to the young man and his 2 friends, with their loud music, they had been my prayer petition during my walk this morning. Unbeknown to me, one of them had already been introduced to Jesus at a previous beach walk. More smiles and pamphlets and Bibles were handed out and I drove off with an overflow of Jesus love.  “Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labour is not in vain” (1 Corinthians 15:58).

 

(And this takes me back to what happened on 30 November 2014 … but let me make that a post on its own.  “I was going to commit suicide, but you gave me one of those little Bibles. I read it and then I saw that there is still love!” Watch my new post for this moving touch of Jesus on a homeless life.)

 
By the way … TODAY WAS DIFFERENT

My morning today, started yesterday with my current reading; Isaiah.

God activated Isaiah 45:6 “So all the world from east to west will know there is no other God.” This made me think of other gods. Being in a relationship with Jesus means fingers always point to yourself before pointing to any other. I thought of my phone and my computer. When I wake up in the early morning hours I pick up my phone to see what the time is. Then I also see messages and other temptations and before I know it I had stolen God’s time for me. It is He who wakes me up to come in to His throne room so we can talk together. Then it is He who sends me out to go and talk with others. "Morning by morning He wakens me and opens my understanding to His will" (Isaiah 50:4).

Psalm 119:37 is written and stuck on my wall. “Turn my eyes from worthless things and give me life through Your word.”

I know a promise to God is not to be taken lightly. When I wake up in the morning I will not look at my phone before I have had at least half an hour in the word of god. You try and spend half an hour in the word of God without making it an hour and even then you keep running back because then the verses you find on fb suddenly have vibrant meanings because they say  what God had just said to you in your morning reading. Before I know it my beds are not made and my dishes are not washed but my spirit is squeaky clean and on fire.

And this is how I come to share this message with all my Christian friends:

YOU ARE NOT TO GO ONTO THE COMPUTER WITHOUT HAVING SPENT AT LEAST HALF AN HOUR IN GOD’S WORD. VERSES GIVEN ON THE INTERNET IS NOT QUIET TIME!!!! IT IS JUST A BONUS AFTER COMING OUT OF THE THRONE ROOM, HAND IN HAND WITH JESUS, AFTER AN UNDILUTED WORD MEAL.

 

“Your word was found and I ate them, and Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart” (Jeremiah 15:16).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment about this post, however please note, all posts are moderated and abusive posts will be removed.