Friday 9 January 2015

THE UGLY 66 YEAR OLD BEAUTY

THE UGLY 66 YEAR OLD BEAUTY
Yesterday I played close up selfie-selfie on my cell phone. Click-and-delete!
 
I look as if I died 3 days ago! My skin is like the surface of unmoving water at a soap factory; like sneaky frog eggs blanketed by my very own skin.
Well if beauty is only skin deep, then so is ugliness.
 
My dog is ugly too. No one desires to give her a look or a pat. But… to me? When she invades my bed space and snuggles her ugly face into my neck, she gives off enough love to change a frog into a prince. So then the two of us lay there- two princes, with hearts that would win any beauty competition
 
The moral of the story? Be kind and loving. Beauty is in the eye of those who love who you are.
 
And as for Jesus? Let God speak for himself: “… your are precious to me. You are honoured and I love you” (Isaiah 43:4).
And all of Psalm 139, to name but verse14 and 17: “Thank You for making me so wonderfully complex! … How precious are Your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered!”
The list of who we are in Christ just goes on and on and on…
 
NOW, WHY DO I FEEL SO BEAUTIFUL TODAY?
 
P.S.
My diaries overflow with a living God. I run to Him with that which is seen,  and He shows me the unseen (as in 2 Cor.4:18) Like Hezekiah in 2 Kings 19:14, I also spread the letter of doom out before God in the throne room and He takes my ashes and gives me back beauty. Like David in Psalm 102 God turns my “… sound of groaning…” into endless praise. This is One place where I can totally be who I am and get changed from glory to glory. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Notice the end of my sharing … I feel so beautiful.
 
 
 
 



This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment about this post, however please note, all posts are moderated and abusive posts will be removed.