Friday 3 June 2016

So Loud, I Missed the Message.


So loud, I missed the message.  (1 Samuel 30)

For those who know me, I find God in the ‘still small voice’. Today I was a visitor among those who find him in ‘Thunder and lightning’. For those who know me, My Fathers grace is new every morning and I gulp up the manna from the word and indulge in His love. For those who know me, you will know my utter surprise when a lady pulled me out of the congregation and with her arm around my waist, pulled me forward to be in line with those who are making their first commitment to accept Christ as their saviour. I tried to tell her I was totally sold out to my Lord, but the band was too loud to hear anything. I looked down the line of new committers and there in the centre stood one of the homeless, addicted bush dwellers I had ministered to in the past. (Police line-up came to mind.)  This is the part where you wake up in a dream.  I did not wake up. “Lord, what are you trying to tell me?” We were ushered out of the big tent into a smaller tent to receive our first instructions. The atmosphere was very sombre and no one was smiling. I stepped out of line, over a barrier and straight to my car. Obscurity at last; that was the reason I was there … to be obscure. (See ‘small print’ at end of page,)

End of story? Not!
Mistaken emphasis.  The plot thickens.
I did not hear God’s word in the ‘thunder and lightning’ so God gave it to me in a ‘still small voice’.
That night I opened a sermon on youtube which was laid heavily on a friend’s heart for me.  To my total amazement, it was the same message I received at the noisy church. This time it was spoken without screaming or bouncing and my grateful heart met with a loving God that double checked that I heard 1 Samuel 30.
David relied on God alone when he was in ‘deep water’. God encouraged him, God advised him and God is all he had and all he needed. God went ahead and God followed. Al prepared for the victory.
God is faithful.
If God has a word for you, no plan to distract you will drown it out.
Isaiah 14:27 “For the LORD of hosts hath purposed, and who shall disannul it? And His hand is stretched out, and who shall turn it back?” Isaiah 14:27
Isaiah 54:17 (NKJV) “No weapon Formed against you shall prosper, …”  Isaiah 54:17


(Small print: I did not visit my own church because I have to be where there are no hugs and kisses and closeness. My husband is undergoing cancer treatment and the severe chemo dosage has demolished his immune system. As his ‘carer’ I have to avoid any situation that opened me up to any viruses or germs.)

1 Samuel 30:6 But David found strength in the LORD his God.











Avast logo
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment about this post, however please note, all posts are moderated and abusive posts will be removed.