Sunday 19 June 2016

IMAGINE IF I HAD BEEN STONED TO DEATH WHILE I WAS YET A STRIPPER? People, Put Down those Stones! (The Orlando killing comes to mind.)

This morning as I was reading John 8:1-11  (Please note, this is my very private quite time in the Word of God. This is how God and I talk to each other. He is very real to me.)

 

(The black writing is from the Bible. The blue writing is me talking to Jesus.)

 

JOHN 8

A Woman Caught in Adultery

1 Jesus returned to the Mount of Olives, 2but early the next morning He was back again at the Temple.

Jesus, you loved the mountains to meet with Father God.

A crowd soon gathered, and He sat down and taught them.

Coming from that mountain experience with Father, You must have been overflowing with that living water. I know, on Sundays when I went to teach the children, You overflowed me; You love them so much. And me too, You love me so much. Thank You Jesus, Thank You Father, Thank You Holy Spirit.

 

3As He was speaking, the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in the act of adultery.

They put her in front of the crowd.

“You are seeing things merely from a human point of view, not from God’s” (Matthew 16:23).

 

4”Teacher”, they said to Jesus, “this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5The law of Moses says to stone her.

Oh, Jesus, imagine if they had stoned me when I was a stripper. Oh, Jesus, they did not see the plans You had for me. Oh my Lord and my God, my heart breaks for the gay people who died in Orlando. Oh my Daddy, implant Yourself in the hearts of those who live. Thank You for saving them. O my Daddy, comfort the families with Your truth and love, and bring them into Your fold. You are a God of mercy and restoration. Show the world what good You bring out of a terrible situation.

 

And the killer, Father? Stand before him. Write in the sand, my Jesus. Oh Father, You know where this man comes from. Use what You use to get through to every sinner.  Give this man Jesus! Oh, Lord, set him free. I pray in Jesus name.

 

“Does not my word burn like fire?

Says the LORD

Is it not like a mighty hammer

That smashes a rock to pieces?”  ( Jeremiah 23:29)

 

What do you say?”

What does Jesus say? Nothing!

6They were trying to trap Him into saying something they could use against Him,

So what does Jesus do? but Jesus stooped down and wrote in the dust with His finger.

 

Jesus writing the word in the dust. The word like fire and a hammer?

“God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through Him” (John 1:17). 

“Go and sin no more.”   “Let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!”

Repent and turn… forgive 70x7  … turn the other cheek… love your enemy …

 

7They kept demanding an answer, so He stood up again and said, “All right, but let the one who had never sinned throw the first stone!”

Let the one who had never sinned throw the first stone!

 

8Then He stooped down again and wrote in the dust.

Jesus, Genesis 2:7 says “And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life: and man became a living soul.”    Write Your word in my heart. Let all that I do and say and pray be a testimony to Your glory and grace and love.

9When the accusers heard this, they slipped away one by one, beginning with the oldest, until only Jesus was left in the middle of the crowd with the woman.

It is between You, Jesus, and the sinner. This is where I want to bring people through my prayers - just You and the individual. Don’t let me judge anyone, but let me put them at your feet where you can love them into your perfect will.

10Then Jesus stood up again

Jesus was stooping down, kneeling before the woman who was to be stoned.

“The greatest among you will be your servant” (Matthew 23:11).

Jesus interceding for us by the Father.

 

and said to the woman, “Where are your accusers? Didn’t even one of them condemn you?”

“Don’t be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell” (Matthew 10:28).

“The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?” Hebrews 13:6

 

11”No Lord,” she said.

And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and sin no more.”

“GO  AND  SIN  NO  MORE.”

This is TAKE TWO of John 8:1-11  , Take one was when I had read it two years ago. See how the Word of God is always new every time you read it.

TAKE ONE: http://glendakempharper.blogspot.co.za/2014/05/i-want-to-share-with-somebody-my-quiet.html

 

 

 




Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment about this post, however please note, all posts are moderated and abusive posts will be removed.